Monday, February 16, 2009

Blue Tractor Brewery

This past Saturday Brittany and I had the opportunity for some time to ourself and head off to one of our favorite cities. Ann Arbor. A city that never sleeps, construction and development wise, there are many new and upcoming breweries in the area. One of which is The Blue Tractor BBQ and Brewery. Under the same ownership of the Peaks and Bastone, this newest addition is very unique. Donned with large tractor images, rusted tractor seats, wooden walls, and very dark corners, it sits on top of a very cool bourbon and cigar bar, and next to a Havana Cafe. But we were there for the beer. Unfortunately they only had four on tap, a Pilsner, a Cream Ale, an IPA and a Red. I started with the Cream Ale and Brittany had the Red. The cream was smooth and took a couple minutes to settle, the Red was cloudy (uncommon) and had a cherry tint to it. It reminded me much more of a hybrid, perhaps with some wheat in the recipe and maybe a sweeter yeast strain.I sampled the IPA but it didn't hit me right away. It sided more with the bitter aspects than the flavor and sweetness that I am attracted to. I finished off our stop with a Red as well, which I'm usually not a Red guy, but this one has something different.

Rumor on the street is that the same owners are in a agreement with Jolly Pumpkin to open yet another stunning restaurant and brewery. With that addition, we need to consider moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment